Selling medicine on Trade Me
Who can sell medicines on Trade Me?
Pharmacists who are registered by the Pharmacy Council under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003 can list general sale and phamarcy only medicines on Trade Me. Generally speaking, we are looking for established, responsible accounts who have demonstrated a genuine consumer focus. If you meet this criteria and would like to list medicines on Trade Me, please get in touch with us.
No other members are able to list medicines on Trade Me.
What kind of medicines can be sold?
Medicines that can be listed are those typically sold in a local supermarket (known as general sales medicine), as well as contact lens solution.
Pharmacy-only medicines may be sold. Where consultation is required, members should contact the pharmacist via their profile page on the membership.
Prescription medicines are not able to be listed.
We have the following sub-categories within Medicines:
- Acne & blemish treatments
- Allery & sinus
- Cough, cold & flu
- Creams & lotions
- Digestion & nausea
- Eye care (this was renamed from Contact lens solution)
- Head & hair treatments
- Pain relief
- Smoking cessation
What restrictions are in place?
Sellers registered to list medicines on Trade Me will have this sentence displayed on their seller profile at the bottom of all medicine listings:
Listings are Buy Now only as medicines cannot be auctioned.
We’ll also display this message on all listings:
Only registered charge pharmacists can list in this category.”
Listings must comply with the following legislation and industry guidelines:
- Pharmacy Council Statement on the ‘Promotion and Supply of Medicines over the internet'
- Pharmacy Council of New Zealand and Pharmaceutical Society’s ‘Advertising Guidelines’
- Therapeutic Products Advertising Code
- Medicines Act 1981
- Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003
Want further assistance?
- Call us on 0900 87233Available 24/7. Calls cost $1.99 + GST per minute.
- Email us your questionWe aim to respond within 1-2 days.