Auto-billing terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with Trade Me’s Standard Terms and Conditions for membership accounts. If there is any discrepancy between these terms and the Standard terms on the Website, these terms shall prevail. Trade Me may be referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “we” or “us”. By registering an authority with us you acknowledge that you have understood these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them and any amendments to these terms:
- We accept all major credit cards.
- We reserve the right to terminate any authority and require you to top up your account by an alternative method.
- You may not set up an authority for a credit card which is not in the Trade Me account holder’s name.
- Your account must be current for this authority to proceed. We will add payment of any overdue portion of your account to your credit card payment, if your account is overdue.
- Payments will continue to be made in accordance with the authority until you advise us otherwise. We will endeavour to cancel the authority with immediate effect but there may be circumstances where we are unable to cancel the next payment scheduled.
- Trade Me is not responsible or liable for credit card fraud or chargebacks. In the event of a chargeback, Trade Me will pass this chargeback cost onto the seller.
- We reserve the right to request a manual authorisation from your credit card issuer at any time.
- When we save your credit card details for auto-billing, they will also be available for you to use on other parts of Trade Me (e.g. Member top ups and making purchases via Pay Now).
- You are responsible for updating your authority details with us when your credit card expires. We will endeavour to send you a reminder 30 days in advance of the expiry date.
- You are responsible for updating your details when you change credit card issuers or receive a replacement credit card with a new card number.
- We will make any applicable refunds to your credit card.
- If your account remains more than $5 in debt, you will not be able to trade.
- We do not store unencrypted credit card details on our database. We use a security company to validate all credit card transactions.
Want further assistance?
- Call us on 0900 87233Available 24/7. Calls cost $1.99 + GST per minute.
- Email us your questionWe aim to respond within 1-2 days.