- – 2017
- – 2016
- + 2015
- + 2014
- + 2013
- + 2012
- + 2011
- + 2010
- + 2009
- + 2008
- + 2007
- + 2006
- + 2005
- + 2004
- + 2003
- + 2002
- + 2001
and upload a photo during the place a classified process.
To purchase these items, you can place a bid or use buy now in the same manner as a standard auction.
The buyer may no longer request to have their bid removed from Trade Me.
This feature was needed in the early days of the site when people could join up and place million dollar bids on items with no intention of paying.
However, as new buyers are no longer able to do this without authenticating, the feature is no longer needed.
The fee structure for listings in the 'Cars, Boats & Motorbikes' and 'Houses and Sections for Sale' categories are going to change from a percentage based success fee,
to a fixed success fee regardless of the final bid price. For a limited time, there will be NO SUCCESS FEES for listings for cars, bikes, moterbikes and houses. An announcement will be made when the fixed fees are introduced later in the year.
As Trade Me continues to grow, we need to be continually introducing ways to deal with fraud, piracy and other types of unwanted behaviour.
In future weeks we will be introducing new features to improve security on the site and keep the quality of behaviour at its current level. With this in mind the following changes have been introduced:
Unauthenticated members now have limited use of some of the features on the site. These include:
- The question and answer feature is for authenticated members only.
- The auction complaints feature is for authenticated members only.
- Unauthenticated members may place bids on only 3 auctions at a time
- Unauthenticated members may not place bids of over $100.
- Unauthenticated members may not run more than 4 auctions at a time.
- Registration now requires gender, birthdate, and land line phone number
- Authentication now requires additional information birthdate, gender, land line phone number, drivers licence or bank account number.
- A multiple star rating system has been introduced. Members with over 10 positive feedbacks get 2 stars, over 50 = 3 stars, over 100 = 4 stars, over 200 = 5 stars, over 500 = a glowing star.
You can now only place feedback if you were the seller, winning bidder, or accepted an offer in an auction. This is to prevent abuse of the feedback system from people who haven't been involved in any transaction.
You can place feedback from any expired listing if you were involved.
The watchlist has been updated so that you can view all the options available to you (placing feedback, adding a note to the auction) in the same format as the listing pages for sellers.
View the watchlist by clicking wither of the links under 'My bids / watchlist' on the My Trade Me tab.
If an auction closes below reserve, the seller can choose to offer the item to any or all of the bidders, at a fixed price. The first bidder to accept the offer wins. Standard success fees apply.